Friday, September 21, 2007

Gray Flowers

Well, this card was inspired by one of the challenges over on Split Coast as far as the colors go. My layout inspiration came from the card sample on page 4 of the 2007 Fall-Winter Collection Idea Book and Catalog. This is why these catalogs by Stampin' Up! are so great - they are loaded with ideas and inspiration. You could very easily use this layout for any set, by changing the main image and the sentiment or the colors or direction of the card just like I did in my sample. A little more about my card - to achieve the flower look, I stamped Craft White and then embossed it in an iridescent embossing powder I found at Joann's. I wish you could see it in real life - it is so pretty and sparkly and the camera just can't catch that. Anyway, hope you like it!

How it's made: Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Bronc Buster, Linen Background; Paper: Basic Gray, Weathered Retired Designer Paper, Whisper White; Ink: Basic Gray, Bravo Burgandy, Craft White; Accesories: Brads, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Dimesionals; Techniques: Embossing, Distressing
Thanks for Looking! :)

No comments: